Monday, May 7, 2012

Sailor Moon Handbag

Sailor Moon Handbag

Quality - ♥♥♥♥♥
Appearance - ♥♥♥♥
Packaging - ♥♥♥
Art - ♥♥♥♥
Functionality - ♥♥♥♥
Fun - ♥♥♥♥♥
Cost - ♥♥♥♥
Availability - ♥♥♥

It's the start of the week! So let's take a look at something NEW! This Monday we have the GE Animation Sailor Moon Handbag, released in 2012!


Quality - So far the quality of this purse seems MUCH better than the one released recently at Hot Topic. Instead of a flimsy t-shirt like material, we have a canvas bag with a zipper and a thin fabric lining. Hopefully this purse will hold up much better than the last! It probably helps that the shoulder strap is actually nearly 2" thick!

Appearance - This purse is quite attractive and nicely done. Too bad there isn't any more coloring than the pink bag itself. I understand them really wanting "Sailor Moon" to pop, but in this case, the white logo just seems kind of blah. Sharpe markers anyone?

Packaging - Yet again, we have a little card attached to the shoulder strap. I happened to buy mine in what I can only imagine, is the packing material that it was shipped in. As the bag was taped closed and it had various "not for children" writings all over it.

Art - The Sailor Moon itself on the bag is attractive, with the yellow moon behind her and the senshi symbols floating all around. As I said, it's very nicely done. I just wish they would have added more color to this piece. 

Functionality - Functionally speaking, this purse seems to be already winning me over. It's thick and sturdy, the large strap doesn't have me worrying that it's going to tear and the zipper pocket inside is really a plus. My only complaint, is that the strap isn't very long at ALL. Once again, I have a purse that's going to go just below my arm. But I guess there's a reason they call this a "handbag", hrm?

Fun - Sailor Moon + Purse .. you do the math. Of course this purse is fun!! It's brightly colored and very attractive! As my last purse managed to catch attention with fellow Midwestern Moonies, I'm sure this one will as well.

Cost - You can find this purse ranging anywhere from about $23.82 to $34.95 online. If you're lucky, you'll find it at your local anime store too. To which my understanding, the average in most stores is about $24.99.

Availability - As I said, if you're lucky, you'll find this more locally, but if your local store doesn't carry them, no worries! You can find it easily on eBay and Amazon too!


Overall I think GE is going in the right direction with their purses. This purse seems FAR more sturdy than the last and just as nice. I can only hope GE will continue on this path and add more details, colors and a longer strap. At that point, I may even buy TWO! heh.
Either way, if you're looking for a bag to LAST longer than the other, this is likely your best option. My only other complaint to this, is the fact that it's not real wide at ALL. So please keep that in mind. However, I think I MIGHT be able to take my Kindle Fire with me again! .. And my netbook and my planner and my sketchbook and ........


Sailor Moon Chan Says!

4 comments:

  1. This bag is on my wishlist and I was hoping you would make a review of it!

    However I am majorly annoyed none of these bags have adjusting straps! If you are like me, you like long straps as I like the hang a bag over my shoulder, not hold it.

    Also, I don't get what Ge animation is doing with this non coloured image business lately. Trying to be artistic I guess..but I don't like it. If I buy it, I'm going to colour the image of Sailor Moon in with markers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help! And yes, I wish they would make adjustable straps.. as the bag CONTINUES to fall off my shoulder all the time. And coloring the pic in seems like a novel idea to me! ;D

      Delete
  2. I wasn't sure about this bag at first but thanks to your review I have decided that I will definitely get it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete