Monday, April 16, 2012

Sailor Moon Hinge Wallet

 Sailor Moon 2011/2012 Hinge Wallet

Quality - ♥♥♥♥ 
Appearance - ♥♥♥♥♥
Packaging - ♥
Art - ♥♥♥♥♥
Functionality - ♥♥♥♥♥
Fun - ♥♥♥♥♥
Cost - ♥♥♥♥
Availability - ♥♥♥♥♥

Today we're looking at the GE Animation Sailor Moon Hinge Wallet. This particular one was purchased at Hot Topic and thankfully, is currently still available.



Quality - This wallet gets 4 ♥'s because it truly is a better quality than some of the other Sailor Moon wallets that are coming out (we'll get into that another time). It closes very well, and doesn't open in the purse rather easily. It's a combination of metal, cloth and vinyl, so it holds up pretty well overall.

Appearance - This wallet gets 5 ♥'s for appearance for it's high gloss shine and amazing artwork. It really looks like something you may have paid at least $30 for. 

Packaging - The packaging on this gets a poor 1 ♥ .. simply because there IS no packaging! There is a flimsy piece of cardboard that is slipped inside of the wallet for hanging. But open it up, and down it goes to the floor. Because of this, I've noticed quite a bit of wallets in the local stores scuffed, bent and scratched. 

Art - This piece gets 5 ♥'s for the artwork. Because it truly is awesome to look at. We have Sailor Moon saluting us with some nice artwork in the background, then her signature "I'll punish you" on the back with a little Luna walking across. It really is a very nice piece of work.

Functionality - This wallet get's 5 ♥'s for functionality, and I'll admit, I'm being generous. Sure, it does exactly what it's supposed to do in holding your money and cards. But don't be fooled! The fabric inside is very flimsy, and because it's a hard wallet, forget using the zippered change area on the inside. Unless you don't want to close the wallet. There aren't many places to place your credit cards or anything else for that matter, but, if you're just looking for something to hold your ID, a few cards and some cash, this wallet does the job well. 

Fun - This piece get's another 5 ♥'s for fun, simply because it really is a fun piece to have. The artwork stands true to Moonie fans out there, and is a lot of fun to look at.

Cost - This piece get's 4 ♥'s for cost due to it being $18.50 at HT stores. Okay, realistically that's not a lot for a wallet, especially one of better quality. However, for the lack of items you can put in there, personally I could see paying a few dollars less .. but, that being said, you ARE paying for the logo and character as well. And if you're not looking for anything rather bulky, once again, the price is nice for what you're getting.

Availability - This wallet gets 5 ♥'s for availability because surprisingly enough, it's STILL available at Hot Topic stores nationwide and on their website! You can find this piece as well on Amazon as well as some anime sites online (if you're willing to dig a bit).

So overall this item has it's perks and let downs.. but a always, Sailor Moon doesn't let us down too much. Aside from some minor flaws, this wallet seems to be a large hit amongst the Moonie crowd! If you're looking for something flashy, simplistic but will stand the tests of time, this certainly is for you! And if you're not, well it's just a load of fun to look at anyway and makes a great conversation piece on the mantle.

Sailor Moon Chan Says!

3 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd comment on this since I have this wallet and have been using it for a few weeks, so I can give a review on how it lasts.

    Well, my wallet is starting to fall to bits. The plastic wrap stuff (whatever you call it) is coming off the wallet. I don't toss my wallet around or use it very much, so that is very disappointing. Every time I use my wallet, more and more of the plastic stuff is coming off!

    Originally, my wallet came with that damn awful plastic stench. Did yours? Well, it didn't go away for about 2 weeks and I got pretty fed up with it. But after using it more, it does go away EVENTUALLY.

    As for the storage in this wallet, it is great. I like how tight it holds my cards and the place to put money notes is secure and tidy. I like how you can't really put a folded note in there because it bulks it up, so it will help stop people from doing that bad habit XD. I store a little charm in there and it holds it ok. But if you put in items any bigger the wallet won't shut. Which is fine, I shouldn't be putting it in there anyway ^-^

    The 'snap' button that holds the wallet has lasted and it still works fine. I like how it has a clasp so you don't need to worry about money falling out! I don't like the steel stuff inside the wallet though as it is a bit sharp and I have run my finger along it by accident once or twice. It also goes outside the wallet and so I clip myself with the snap button and the steel now and then....

    As for quality and design, I really like it. I'm not very fond on the 'waves' at the back, but everything else is nice. I'm not very fond on that cheap plastic material though.
    I have not received any compliments on it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture on mine is coming off too. :( I didn't even really use it that long, maybe a month?

      Delete
  2. I have to say that I've had this wallet for over two months now and it's held up just fine. I think it's well worth the price.

    ReplyDelete