Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sailor Moon Hobo Purse/Bag

 
Sailor Moon 2012 Hobo Purse/Bag

Quality - ♥♥♥
Appearance - ♥♥♥♥♥
Packaging - ♥♥♥
Art - ♥♥♥♥♥
Functionality - ♥♥♥♥
Fun - ♥♥♥♥♥
Cost - ♥♥♥♥♥
Availability - ♥♥♥♥♥

Today we're looking at the GE Animation Sailor Moon Hobo Bag/Purse. This item is newly available at Hot Topic stores and Online!



Quality - This bag gets 3 ♥'s simply for the material used. It's almost like a doubled over tee. Normally I wouldn't complain over HT's quality for their products, but this seems a bit flimsy in my opinion. It doesn't seem to really "sit" well while wearing, and looks more like a grocery bag slung over your shoulder. The actual image itself seems somewhat screen printed as well, which we shall see how well it holds up over the "test of time".. heh. Still, it seems fairly durable. I just wish something more than a knot was there to hold the bag to a strap. ^_^;

Appearance - This bag gets 5 ♥'s for it's large Sailor Moon on the front and logo. It's really something that NO ONE can miss when looking at it. The colors are very vibrant to start with as well.

Packaging - The packaging gets 3 ♥'s because it was in a rather nicely wrapped plastic bag when it was shipped, along with being inside ANOTHER plastic bag. With all the Midwest rains and such, it's nice it stood up to it all and arrived to me bone dry! I'm sure in store it's not more than hung on a hook with it's tags, but if you're ordering online, it's fairly well packaged.

Art - This bag gets 5 ♥'s for the artwork. As I said earlier, the Sailor Moon on the front is very well done. It's bright, it's BIG and it's unmistakeable. It's nice they did it to a more neutral background as well, so it really does POP out. The added stars and such on the outside with the logo really makes it all come together rather nicely, so it doesn't look like just a picture slapped on a bag.

Functionality - This bag get's 4 ♥'s for functionality. Yes, it's a bag/purse.. it's purpose is to carry things. However, like MOST girls/women out there, we like to carry MORE than just a wallet and a stick of lip gloss. Unfortunately, adding anything MORE than that, really weighs the bag down. I currently have a wallet, planner, inhaler, a pen, checkbook and a kindle in mine, and it really seems weighted down. I worried constantly that the knot would come undone or the bottom would tear. And the pocket in the inside is misleading. Though it appears to be there to hold pens and maybe your phone, it's far too small for that. I could imagine putting my daughters "pipsqueaks" in there, but that's about it. The button isn't a "button" either. It's not a snap. It has the appearance of a snap closure, but is just a magnetic button. It holds fairly well, but doesn't take much to open, especially if you have a lot of weight in there (which doesn't take much). I personally find this a LOT easier to sling over my shoulder like a messenger bag, than to go traditionally on this one, as it seems to slip a bit on my shoulder. With that in mind, it does work well to getting in and out of very easily.

Fun - This piece get's 5 ♥'s for fun, because it's a LOT of fun to carry around. I mean, when was the last time we had a Sailor Moon purse that LOOKED like it was meant for girls/women to wear without having to have their daughter/sister/niece/etc. around with them to pretend that you're carrying it for them!? Oh wait.. maybe that was just me? ^_^;;

Cost - This bag get's 5 ♥'s for cost due to it being $19.50 at HT stores.Yes, you get what you pay for in quality, but I feel like if this purse DOESN'T last long, I didn't break the bank buying it! It's definitely a GREAT find!

Availability - This bag gets 5 ♥'s for availability because it was recently released from HT stores all over and thus is in stores and online!! And with only $4.95 for shipping for those unable to get to stores, it definitely is worth it. 

Overall this bag I believe was an incredible buy. Will it hold up with my work and activities? We'll soon see! But I truly believe that this was a WIN both for GE and HT. I think Moonies all over will be fawning over this new merchandise fit for the older crowd that remember Sailor Moon in their glory days. Either way, if you're not looking to use the bag, having it hanging for all to awe and admire isn't such a bad thing either. 


Sailor Moon Chan Says!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a review on this bag! I was very curious on whether to buy one and am now pretty much unsure if I want to anymore. Can you extend the strap? I saw a pic online of the bag and the strap is about body length??? Is it really that long? it was at least three times the size of the bag so I was pretty curious about that. I like my bags long and not falling off my shoulder every second ^-^

    The fabric in the bag looks nice. A bit 'pyjama pants', but still very nice. However, that screenprint is very obvious even in the pictures and I'm very doubtful about screenprinted products as they crease so easily and peel :(.

    I still want it, so I will buy it, thus the issues of it. Pretty much all the GE stuff I own has some flaw anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the strap is not adjustable, and thus far I'm finding the typical "fuzzy balls" while using it. The image is standing firm and it holds to my body rather well (at hips). However, it sits funny most of the time, causing me to re-fix the insides every time I put the bag over my shoulder. It's rather annoying. Still, if you don't have much to carry, it's kind of nice to reach in and grab what you want. Not to mention, it IS Sailor Moon. heh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, I just received the bag which I said I bought anyway. I was actually fairly impressed and I am still am. However, the screenprint is already creased and I tried it on my shoulder and it 'caved in' which means the print won't show properly when I go out with it. I think you may know what I mean. It is way bigger than I expected and the strap is longer than I expected too. However, the fabric is quite thin and disappointing and it doesn't have much place to store much stuff. Luckily I don't care much more than a wallet and a lipgloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my point. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way of GE right now. It's great to look at, but impractical for use when it comes to these bags. The pink one thus far is doing alright, but I'm still waiting for the next model up.. hehe.

      Delete