Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sailor Moon Hot Topic Seat Belt Belt

Sailor Moon Hot Topic Seat Belt Belt

Quality - ♥♥♥♥
Appearance - ♥♥♥
Packaging - ♥♥♥
Art - ♥♥♥♥
Functionality - ♥♥♥♥♥
Fun - ♥♥♥♥♥
Cost - ♥♥♥♥
Availability - ♥♥♥♥♥

It's the middle of the week and we're going to be looking a Hot Topic exclusive item!

Quality - The material that this belt is made of is actually quite strongly woven. I like the fact that it's thick and sturdy. And the belt buckle itself is like a REAL seat belt buckle.

Appearance - I personally am not a HUGE fan of the appearance of this belt. I really wish they would have gone a bit more "new" than "retro". The boxy faces around it just make it seem weird. Granted it can go with anything, being it's rainbow in colors, it just makes people look at you a little bit funny while wearing it. Honestly, it goes best UNDER a shirt.

Packaging - What packaging? heh. This belt had nothing more than a tag attached to it. Which, isn't necessarily a BAD thing, considering it's not generally something someone WOULD collect. But honestly, I would have liked some kind of packaging at least. Even if it's a plastic bag. Then the people who will WANT to save this for a collection, can actually find a way to display it, without putting holes in walls.. 

Art - I'm being a bit generous here, considering it's the same artwork throughout. They got the colors on the senshi right, but again, I'm going back to the whole "new vs old". I personally would have LOVED to have seen them go all out. Doing a print of Sailor Venus' belt from PGSM or even Sailor Jupiters! Or a simple belt with Sailor Mars' gem as the buckle! This just seems a BIT tacky.

Functionality - This is probably the BEST belt I've had though, in quite some time. The buckle holds up and I'm not worrying about punching a new hole, because the old one is wearing or tearing. It's easily adjustable, but won't come undone either. I've had little to NO problems with this belt.

Fun - It's a flippin' Sailor Moon BELT! Who here can say they haven't flashed theirs like Batman's utility belt at the store, just to show off your Moonie pride in some dominance display of affection for the Senshi!? .. ... Right?? ..

Cost - For $26.00 you get a great deal. I've been using this belt since it came out and have YET to have a problem with it! Personally, I think the cost is a real bargain overall. Especially for licensed merchandise.

Availability - Thankfully this gem is still available at Hot Topic stores nationwide (provided they keep stock) and online. You CAN find it elsewhere online, but I highly recommend just going with the source on this one.

I know this review was a bit short and to the point, but honestly, if you're looking for a belt to use and you REALLY want it to scream "you", this is the way to go. It's inexpensive, it's entertaining and thus far, it LASTS. How many of us have spent $35 on a leather belt, only to have it begin to show wear after only a couple weeks use? I know it's more than annoyed me on a few occasions. 
But annoy no more and display your senshi affection with pride! Stand tall and wear your belt like it is that of a champion!! A champion .. OF JUSTICE! .. 
 
 Sailor Moon Chan Says!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me how long this belt is when it is adjusted to its longest length? I have looked everywhere for more information about it, but all of the listings for it just say "one size," which could mean a lot of things. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say from end of one side of the buckle to the other, it's about 3' to 3.5'? I don't really have a ruler. ^_^; I'm basically 5'6" and it comes to my chest if that helps any more? ^_^; I do hope that helped a bit?

    ReplyDelete